PAN Card it’s a document which is issued by Income TAX Department of India. PAN Card is useful for many things in India, and also considered as a very important document as well. Before I let you know how to apply for PAN Card in India online, I would like to tell you some of the uses of PAN Card in India. 🙂
Uses of PAN Card in India.
- A valid identity proof in India.
- While buying and selling properties in India.
- For Transactions of more then Rs.50000.
- To purchase mutual funds.
- While buying an Vehicle.
- And mainly to fill income tax returns.
So these were some of the uses of PAN Card in India, now let us check out how to apply for PAN Card in India Online.
How to Apply for PAN Card in India? (Online Procedure)
- So to apply for PAN Card in India first of all you need to open the NSDL website, you can open NSDL website by using the link provided. By using the link NSDL website will get opened in new tab on your browser.
- Now you need to click on New PAN Card for Indian Citizens (Form 49A).
- A new window will get opened on your browser where you will be provided with 3 links. From that one link is of Do’s and Dont’s while you fill the online PAN Card application.
- Read those Do’s and Dont’s by using the link provided and after that you need to click on Online Application for New PAN (Form 49A).
- When you click on that new page will be opened where you will be shown the guidelines to apply for PAN online.
- After you read those, scroll down and select Category of Applicant from the drop down menu and click on select.
- Now you will be provided an form which you need to fill now, you can refer the image below to check out how the form looks.
- While filling the form you will be asked for an AO Code, you can read this article to know how you can search AO Code.
- After filling the form you need to pay an fees of Rs.107. You can pay that by Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, Cheque or Demand Draft. Choose whichever way is convenient for you.
- After filling the form and doing the payment click on Submit.
- You will be provided on Acknowledgement number and you need to take an printout of the form.
- You need to speed post the printout of the form to the NSDL office, I will provide you the address where you need to post it at the end of this article.
- Now paste your 2 recent photographs in the space provided and make your signature (Signature of Applicant) in the space provided.
- While you are sending your application to the NSDL office, make sure you write your Acknowledgement number on the Envelop.
- If you are making your payment by Cheque or Demand Draft you need to enclose it in the Envelop.
- And you even need to enclose your self atested documents which were mentioned in the guidelines.
NSDL Office Address: Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016.
So this was how you need to apply for PAN Card in India online, if you have anykind of doubts you can comment below I will respond to your comment as soon as possible. If you want to be assisted instantly you can call NSDL office on this phone number: 02027218080.
As soon as your envelop reaches NSDL office the process of your PAN Card will start and you will get notified by an E-mail to the E-mail address which you have filled in the form.